[Ansteorra] Manx Info

Walter Davis WDJr at excite.com
Mon Dec 24 15:36:49 PST 2001

I know how close one can get to a cat.  My favorite was Sugar the Cat.  I
got her when she was about half grown.  She was just a nondescript gray cat
that someone had abandoned.  I had her for nearly seventeen years.  She used
to walk down the driveway when it was time for me to get off work and sit by
the road watching for me.  When I drove up to the house she would chase the
car like a dog yowling all the way.  When I got out she would flop all over
with joy.  She thought I was the greatest thing walking the earth.  She
disappeared about three years ago while I was away.  I still greve for her.

Oudoceus Kynith

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:37:40 -0600, ansteorra at ansteorra.org wrote:

>  There one we will probably check out later in life if we are out on some
>  land.  My husband would love to have several of the small wild cats as
>  companions (large ones too if we had the land and resources for it)  My
>  manx connection goes very deep, Tiger was born in the chair with me on
>  Easter morning when I was a little kid and my constant companion till he
>  disappeared 4 or so years later.  When I would go to my grandparents he
>  would be looking for me constantly and also had several instances of
>  talking that my mother and sister witnessed and both were times he was
sick
>  or injured and the things he said were things he heard me yelling all the
>  time when I needed some help. (my mother's name while in the house and my
>  brother's when I was outside)  The next one I knew was Zepher and he was
>  with the family of my boyfriend my senior year and he was a phenominal
cat.

>  The taillessness isn't really the attractive feature for me, but the
>  personality.  They are just very, very different from any other cat and I
>  wonder if they have done the genetic research on if they really were
>  another small wild cat that was on the Isle of Man and as the other kinds
>  of cats were brought onto the island the interbred and created what we
have
>  now.  There is so little on the small variteties of wild cats around the
>  world that I would love more info on that.  The OKC Zoo has a great Cat
>  area and in that they have the Pallis Cat and another small wild cat and
>  then many medium smalls, mediums and most of the large ones.  It seems
like
>  the Tiger there is one of the Rare (I think it is here, we have been to
so
>  many different zoos) Javanese ones.  He is a beautiful old man.
>
>  As to cross mixes, the printer down the road has a Manx-Bobcat cross.
The