[Ansteorra] Virgio

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed Dec 26 10:24:53 PST 2001

The Digital Tradition is where I usually go when I can't find a song:

http://www.mudcat.org/threads.cfm

You can sometimes type in just one word from the song and find what you
seek.

The song you mentioned, "Virgio" as it is know, also "Bonnie Bonnie Banks of
the Virgio" or "Cruel Brother", is listed in the Elfsea Newcomers' Songbook,
for which there is a tape floating around somewhere.

There is also an additional ending some sing that has the remaining sister
gloating that she really doesn't have a brother, but I've been unable to
find that today.  I will post it later if I come up with all the words.

Another good source for songs is Lord Padraig O'Maolagain's Yahoo!
briefcase:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/padraig_ruad/lst?.dir=/Songbooks&.order=&.view
=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/padraig_ruad/lst%3f.dir=/So
ngbooks%26.src=bc%26.view=l

I hope this has been of some assistance.

Amicalement,
Ly Madelina de Lyndesaye
Canton of Loch Ruadh
Barony of Elfsea