too old? Re: [Ansteorra] My 1st GW

Sean Hertzberg s_hertzberg at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 27 11:37:16 PST 2001

>Rapier, thought about, goes nicely with my French persona, not hot armor
>during the summer

That is why more and more of us are wearing linen armour on the rapier
field...it is stronger than trigger, it is period...and it BREATHES.  ;)

, lots of good cons for
>Live weapons, tried that, end up with the knife going in more of the wrong
>spots than on the target
>Combat Archer, getting shoulder to pull back enough on the string to put
>strength into the flight of the arrow, light armor too
>
>How much is your crossbows going for?
>
>Aurore

Go to http://www.crossbows.net/

that is the web site for New World Arbalest.  Iolo has made a bit over 2000
bows in the last 20+ years.  For a beginner shooter, I would reccomend the
"Notch lock" bow.  It is not on the web page, but it is a standard model.  I
think they are running $155 these days.  Roller lock bows start at about
$215 or so.  Give Iolo a call at (512) 453-2628, he is more than happy to
sit and talk crossbows with people.  Right now, I think delevery time on a
notch lock would be just over a month, but don't quote me on that.  ;)

Avery Shaw
Cadet to Don Aubrey
Apprentice to Master Iolo
pretty much a troublemaker just cause....;)