[Ansteorra] What can we talk about (was Level 3 Banishment???)

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:47:42 PST 2001

Um, with all due respect to Their Excellencies Burke and Pendaran, I have
always had a problem understanding is the "traditional" culture of silence
that encourages nothing but private discussions, which tend to lead to
gossip and rumor and from their to unsupported allegations and innuendo.  If
this actually makes sense to people, would you please explain it to me.   If
it's public enough information that a) it's been read out in Court, and b)
published in the Black Star, that would tend to suggest to me that it's
public information.

One of the things that trying to NOT talk about these things tends to do is
nake people misread the intent of people's messages -- for example, the
original author was clearly asking if it was normal policy to (apparently)
hide such announcements in weird places in the Black Star, and to find out
if it was properly done.  It did NOT look to me like he was asking if it was
an appropriate banishment, or to talk about whoever the heck it was who was
banished, or in any way discussing the Banishment itself.  Just the
proceedure.

If we don't want people to talk about PROCEEDURE, what else shouldn't we
talk about?  Hmm?

Marc/Diarmaid