[Ansteorra] re: What can we talk about (was Level 3...)

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 21:26:47 PST 2001

Just to clarify something, since it was raised in a private message -- I was
not intending to accuse anyone of anything.

My objection is with the culture of silence.  I am certain that both TE
Burke and Pendaran wrote with no motive other than what they saw as the best
intentions of the group as a whole.  I just disagree with them as to whether
keeping such things secret is, in fact, best.

Personally, I don't know anything about this particular banishment. I don't
care anything about it.  It's irrelevant to me.  I see a problem in keeping
it another dirty little secret, which will probably be made worse by rumors
and gossip, rather than taking the opportunity to address it publicly, and
by doing so minimize any further impact it might have had.

If people weren't going to talk about these things, that would be one thing,
but realistically people ARE going to talk about them (especially now that
they've been told not to).  Wouldn't it be better to discuss things out in
the open, where information can be vetted and corrected?  That way, people
can see that it's really not an issue, except to the people involved.

Marc/Diarmaid