[Ansteorra] Secrecy vs. openess (was Banishment stuff)

seneschal seneschal at ansteorra.org
Sat Dec 29 01:27:33 PST 2001

>What I don't understand is why the "official" response is along the
>lines of "If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me
>directly."  What can be said directly that cannot be said on this
>list? And why, when there is a reasonable and forthright explanation
>available, do we instead hear evasiveness?

>It's unfortunate that kingdom officers are the ones that are expected
>to respond to this, since this was a BOD decision, but creating an
>air of secrecy only further raises suspicions and rumors. Light a
>candle in our darkness - it won't stop the noises in the shadows, but
>it may make us a little less afraid of them.

I have said directly that we cannot talk about this situation. I am not
going to give reasons, there are many. If someone has general questions
about banishment, then I will answer them. Sir Burke's post answered the
question of the location of the banishment announcement and how long the
banishment can last.  Corpora's wording for absolute banishment has been
posted by Mirrim.

This was not a BOD decision. It will be reviewed by the BOD to make sure
it is appropriate as required for all Level 3 banishments.  The feeling
of 'secrey' is caused by folks wanting to know why and we cannot discuss
it per society policy.  Please respect the privacy of this individual and
let this matter be.

Mistress Clarissa di Firenze, Baroness of the Court
(Dottie Elliott)
Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
clarissa at supportyou.com