[Ansteorra] re: What can we talk about (was Level 3...)

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Mon Dec 31 12:09:29 PST 2001

Now you know answers like that really do not help especially if the
newcomer is not from Elfsea. It sounds like you are saying that Elfsea
does not have a problem so do not come looking for answers or questions
from there. That in itself can be an unfriendly thing. I like Elfsea, it
is a great place, I LOVE the people there and I know that none of them
feel this way. I am surprised an answer like this came from one of them
without more in the way of additional information.

But I digress. As a newcomer I had no problems because I was brought in by
nobles. I had no fear. That in itself was also a problem because I went
the other way, I came in feeling as an equel when in fact I was not an
equal in skill in anything that interested me. My personal bad.

But I do see what the original person is saying. How to make Nobles more
accessable is the question. The easiest way would be to have the newcomers
liason hook up a newcomer with a local noble/peer at each fighter
practice/event/meeting/guild gathering/etc. It may not always work but it
is the one that will yield best results.

Think about it. You are a sales person and you want to make good
solid lasting sales. Do
you make better sales doing cold calls or being introduced to your
potential client by someone that has been in the room of the door you are
trying to get your foot into?

What other ideas have others tried and worked for them? What have not
worked?

--
Sincerely,
Chiara Francesca