ANST - Seafood shop in Hattiesburg Mississippi

Colleen Lacy colleen at mail.haeffner.net
Mon Feb 5 12:47:15 PST 2001

Having recently moved from Hattiesburg to Middleford/Killeen/Ft. Hood i can offer up several suggestions for food in the 'Burg.

About 2-3 blocks east of I-59 on the right handside of the road is Cresent City Grill/Mahogany Bar.  They have really good seafood aswell as an abundance of non-seafood items.  I used to go there every friday night.

Recently there has been the opening of a Copelands just west of I-59... this restaurant originated in New Orleans... and this would be my second choice for seafood.

Farther down the road at the intersection of Hwy 49 and Hardy street just past USM is Chesterfields.  They have a wonderful club sandwich... everything that i've ever had there was wonderful... now that i think about it.

Chain restaurants...
East of I-59: Applebee's, Cresent City/Mahogany bar, Macalister's Deli, Panino's Itailian.
West of I-59: O'Charlies, Chille's, Garfields, Corky's, Copelands, another Macalister's Deli.
as well as tons of fast food places.
Who knows what else has cropped up in the last 6 months, but that should be a start.

If you have any other H'Burg questions lemmie know.

Emma