ANST - Re: ANST-Announce - Sable Scroll/Curstaidh's new addresses

Russell mahee of acre husted at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 07:44:15 PST 2001

this is an exerpt from a message on another list, but it is happening in our
area, so I thought a few people might want to know.
your servant,
mahee

The University of Oklahoma's Rockefeller Fellowship Program, which is
devoted to research on "Scientific Exchanges Between Islam & Europe
1300-1800," will sponsor a series of lectures on Islamic mathematics and
a workshop devoted to the question of exchanges of mathematical
knowledge between Islam and Europe to be held 29-31 March 2001. Invited
participants include Len Berggren, Jan Hogendijk, Elaheh Kheirandish,
Irina Lyuter, Karen Parshall, and Kim Plofker. For details, contact F.
Jamil Ragep, Dept. History of Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman,
OK  73019-3106. (405) 325-2213. Fax (405) 325-2363. E-mail:
jragep at ou.edu. Web page: http://www.ou.edu/islamsci/math%20symposium.htm