ANST - Need name of Seafood shop in Hattiesburg Mississippi

gtaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Mon Feb 5 08:42:12 PST 2001

Here's another one....

The Abita Brewhouse.  It's on I-12, about an hour from site.  I'm stopping in on
the way there, this year.

Exit at the Abita Springs offramp (near Covington).  There will be signs; it's a
very small town.  It's associated with the Abita Brewery which, I'm told, has
quite good brew (I'm not a beer fan).  It's also famous for having its
"Blackened Voodoo" dark beer banned by Texas a number of years ago because of
the Satanist overtones; only made the beer more popular in Louisiana.

The food in the Greater New Orleans area generally varies from very good to
extremely good.  I don't know if it's because I had been eating at Gulf War for
a week...but this tasted as good as any that I had had in my five years of
living in N.O.  I didn't expect such quality seafood from the Brewhouse.  Good
way to end the war...

Isobel