ANST - Leather Stores around Dallas?

Chiara chiara at io.com
Fri Feb 9 15:28:42 PST 2001

There is a leather factory store in Mesquite:
3201 Military Parkway, Suite C-100,
Mesquite, TX 75150
Phone: 972-289-5246
Fax: 972-289-5104
Toll-free: 877-662-3227

It is a nice place that looks small from the outside but is literally wall
to wall leather.

Another place is the Custom Upholstery Shop on Good Latimar about a block
east of 75 across from Downtown. (Close to Master Fritz home). They carry
furniture quality leathers along with the occasional extra fine soft leather
I use to make gloves from.

Perth Street fabric district: Each of the stores carry scraps of leather in
large garbage bags for about 40.00. These are the bags that are about 3 or 4
ft tall when full. One of the stores has a bin of cheapo scraps of
everything from the store that you can find good pieces of large chunks of
leather.

Quick and dirty pieces of leather in small quantities: Goodwill. I find them
in the form of long leather coats and vests. Sometimes in skirts but mainly
long coats.

The last place that I go to is are the saddlery places, their leather is too
tough for me to work with, they break my hand sewing glovers needles that
are hard enough to get in the small sizes that I need. But if you are
looking for the really thick stuff that is the place to go! :)

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas