ANST - Gulf War

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:25:58 PST 2001

Buenos Dias!

These tips do help some. Gracias! But I have a couple of questions as I am
trying to get my lord ready for War. I have never been and niether has he.

How many tunics should I pack? What kind of material should I make these of
(cotton, wool)?

How many pairs of pants for fighting and general day-wear? I need to make
him some. Again.. What kind of material should I make these of (cotton,
wool, leather)?

He will be sleeping by himself in a tent. What is the best way I could keep
him warm at night? We do not have a heater. I have heard of buying him a
solar/emergency blanket to put under his sleeping bag. Should I go ahead and
send the air mattress with him, too?

What is "Midnight Madness"?

How much should he bring for spending money? How much is ice on site?

I would like to make sure he is prepared and comfortable all week.

Gracias,
Lady Maria de Vasquez

----
Tarp over and under your tent.
Don't leave your tent heater on all night.
Dig a trench so water rolls around your tent and not under.
Tent walls do not stop sound........ be careful or you might get an applause
when you're done.
Remember to drink water even when it's cold.
Remember that soda's dry you out and isn't the same as water
Remember to eat something.
Thermal underwear is acceptable if seen peeking out of your garb when it's
in the teens.
Wear comfortable shoes.
Bring shower shoes.. the showers will be muddy.
The best time to shower is at night before you go to bed.
The toilets in the main shower house will back up....... get used to
portajohns.
You'll change clothes at least 3 times a day to remain comfortable.  "It'll
be from the teens to the 80's out."
IF YOU'RE GONNA FIGHT AT ALL...... GET INSPECTED THE FIRST DAY YOU'RE THERE.
The lines will be long if you don't.
Find out where to sign up for Volunteer Points.  Water bearing, Working MOC,
Field Marshaling, Potty duty, Security etc.... all count towards the
Volunteer War Point.

Does that help?