ANST - Gulf War

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Tue Feb 27 20:54:28 PST 2001

Christine Huse wrote:

> Buenos Dias!
>
> These tips do help some. Gracias! But I have a couple of questions as I am
> trying to get my lord ready for War. I have never been and niether has he.
>
> How many tunics should I pack? What kind of material should I make these of
> (cotton, wool)?

3 or 4.  Cotton is fine if he can layer them in cooler weather.  Or a
good cloak.  Rain gear is a good idea.  No one gripes if you wear
modern rain gear when it's pouring. (Especially if you're helping
others <G>)

> How many pairs of pants for fighting and general day-wear? I need to make
> him some. Again.. What kind of material should I make these of (cotton,
> wool, leather)?

At least three. One to wear, one to change into when the first gets
wet, one for when the others get torn <G>  Heavy cotton, denim, canvas
is what I tend to use.

> He will be sleeping by himself in a tent. What is the best way I could keep
> him warm at night? We do not have a heater. I have heard of buying him a
> solar/emergency blanket to put under his sleeping bag. Should I go ahead and
> send the air mattress with him, too?

Air mattress or camping pad.  Emergency blanket reflects heat,  but
supplies no insulation or padding.
He'll need a good ground cloth (tarp) under the tent, and might want a
second tarp to go over the tent if there's a lot of rain.

> What is "Midnight Madness"?
>
> How much should he bring for spending money? How much is ice on site?

As much as he can afford <G> LOTS of neat stuff at the merchants row.
Meals are available on site @ $5 per meal.  Ice @ $2 / 8lb bag.
If you bring your own food and drink, you can get by on very little,
but why would you want to? <G>

> I would like to make sure he is prepared and comfortable all week.
>
> Gracias,
> Lady Maria de Vasquez

David Gallowglass

Shop online without a credit card