ANST-Announce - Mini Siege Weapons Competition

neil starkey raimonddemora at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 04:30:45 PST 2001

Unto all the Kingdom, Greetings.

There has been much noise made about Seige Weapons being made for the Gulf
War effort.  I have been thinking about this and have decided to have a
Little fun with this.  Therefore, at Elfsea Spring Faire in April (see
Kingdom Calendar for exact dates), I, HL Raimond de Mora, will beng
sponsoring a Mini Siege Weapons Competition.

For explaination, Seige weapons are catapults, ballista, trebuchet, and the
like.    Let me define "Mini".  To qualify for this competition, your seige
weapon not can be larger than an 18 inch cubed space.  If your are building
a catapult or trebuchet, only the arm can extend beyond the bounderies of
this cubed space.  The projectile for catapults and trebuchets will be gulf
balls.  If you are building a ballista, then you must make the projectiles
porportionate to the weaponed.  Ballista projectile tips must be padded
(similer to what you would use at Gulf Wars).  Building material is at your
descretion, however, we are a historical organization.  Prizes will be
awarded for the following catagories: Apperance, Aaccuracy, Distance, and
possibly other items.   If this sounds like fun to you and you are
interested in more information, please contact me at
raimonddemora at hotmail.com.  Also, if you are planning to enter this
competition, please conact me so I know how many people I can possibly
expect.  I will be happy to answer any questions.  Hope to see you there.

Foolish Elfsean in Service
HL Raimond George de Mora