[Ansteorra] Heat up the Boiling Oil

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Tue Jul 10 21:44:06 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/10/01 9:12:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Baronman at aol.com
writes:

> I know this involves the "P" word and I'll probably get boiled in oil over
> it, but wasn't there a considerable discussion about a principality about a
> year ago?  Then it just disappeared because it was taken off line. Did any
> thing ever come of it or did it just die a lingering death?
>
> Just Curious

       The following is just my opinion and I am sure that many people will
disagree.
       The decision was made to take the principality discussions in the
North off the list because some people felt that we were leaving out the many
people who were not on the lists.  Several meetings were held at various
events in the North to educate the populace as to what a principality was and
what would be involved in becoming one.  The tone of the meetings was
generally pro-principality because most of the anti-principality people chose
for various reasons not to participate.  Earlier this year an unoffical poll
was conducted to see if there was enough support for a principality to
proceed.
       About 44% of the paid members of the region responded to the poll plus
about 40 non-members.  About 73% of those who responded were in favor of
proceeding with the process of forming a principality.  The full results of
the survey can be read at:

 <A HREF="http://www.ionet.net/~burkemc/principality.html">Northern Ansteorra Principality Resource Page</A>

       Opinions vary as to how strong the support is for a principality
considering the percentage of people who did not respond.
       We were in the process of deciding what to do next when the
removal/resignation of the B & B of Northkeep sidetracked the issue.  The
aftermath of this has been a lot of open hostility in the North that has
caused most people to conclude that now is not the right time to be pushing
the principality issue.  So it's pretty much on hold till things calm down.
       At least that's my view of the situation.

Robert Fitzmorgan