[Ansteorra] new topic

SiobhanON at aol.com SiobhanON at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 07:40:38 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/12/2001 1:10:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
DonnelShaw at aol.com writes:

> How do you (or do you?) express chivalry in your mundane lives?

One of the things I do is, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
When someone cuts me off in traffic, I try to think "Whoa, dude, I bet you
didn't see me. It's okay, I've made that mistake before." That not only
allows me to think kindly toward them, it also lowers my blood pressure and
makes my life less stressful. By allowing that things people do around me are
not intentional, I give them sympathy rather than try to get even. It also
allows me to be courteous to them (and others) further up the road as they
are obviously stressed and not in their right mind.
Siobhan