[Ansteorra] Heat up the Boiling Oil

Celeste Courtenay de Montmorency montomorency at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:36:58 PDT 2001

Hi.

Celeste here. Well, I don't mean to start the issue boiling again either.
But ... I do need to make this distinction because I've seen it posted many
times that people who responded favorably to the polling are all in favor of
the principality. That's not necessarily true. The way the poll was worded
was that it was a poll to see if there was enough interest to do an official
polling. A lot of people (including myself)didn't respond for the very
reason that they thought that by responding in favor of doing an official
polling that their response would be taken as support for the principality
issue. I for one am solidly against the issue but had I responded, I would
have voted in favor of an official polling. Why? Because I would like to
kill the issue for a few more years. Obviously, those of us that didn't
respond for that reason were correct in not responding. It has been said
over and over that all of these people responded in favor of the
principality. No. They responded in favor of an official polling.

My little two cents worth. Please don't take this as being hostile. I'm not
trying to be.

Lady Celeste de Montmorency

>From: Fitzmorgan at cs.com
>To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Heat up the Boiling Oil
>Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:44:06 EDT

Robert Fitzmorgan said:
<snip>
Earlier this year an unoffical pollwas conducted to see if there was enough
support for a principality to proceed. About 44% of the paid members of the
region responded to the poll plus about 40 non-members.  About 73% of those
who responded were in favor of proceeding with the process of forming a
principality.  The full results of the survey can be read at:
  <A HREF="http://www.ionet.net/~burkemc/principality.html">Northern
Ansteorra Principality Resource Page</A>