[Ansteorra] Re: Foreign Language accents & etc.

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Thu Jul 12 11:40:44 PDT 2001

I created an Excel spreadsheet which is a chart for all the ASCII
special characters.  Only took a few minutes and it's easily accessible
when I need to look one up.  I find it much easier to insert the
characters using the ALT+num and I use some often enough that I don't
have to look them up.

There are at least two other ways to insert the special characters.

Word processing:  In Word use Insert | Symbol.  The selection box also
gives the Word shortcut keys for that character so if you use one often
you can just type it in.  Other word processors usually have something
similar.

Character Map:  In Windows (at least 95 & 98, not sure about newer
versions).  Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Character
Map.  This utility allows you to insert special characters into any
document (such as email).  It also lists a shortcut key, although the
numbers aren't the same as the ASCII numbers.  (You can get æ using
either ALT+0230 or ALT+145.)

--Perronnelle

ALT + num

253	²
131	â
133	à
160	á
132	ä
142	Ä
135	ç
128	Ç
138	è
136	ê
130	é
137	ë
144	É
139	ï
161	í
141	ì
140	î
164	ñ
165	Ñ
147	ô
162	ó
149	ò
148	ö
153	Ö
225	ß
151	ù
150	û
163	ú
154	Ü
129	ü
152	ý
146	Æ
145	æ
134	å
143	Å
173	¡
168	¿
159
155	¢
156	£
157	¥
158	¦
166	ª
174	«
227	­
242	®
246	¯
248	°
241	±
230	µ
249	·
167	º
175	»
172	¼
171	½
243	¾

--
They got the library at Alexandria -- They're not getting mine.
=====
mailto:findbook at flash.net