[Ansteorra] Gideon who?? knighting where?

C.M. constable_sca at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 21:38:02 PDT 2001

--Posted with Squire Gideon's permission ---
disclaimer: things as i remember them

Greeting to all on this list, from Gideon's post.

First let me introduce myself, I am Connor mac
Clure Highlander, Key Connor is what everyone
calls me (I am a master locksmith and
safe-smith).

I give the details so gideon will remember what
happened very fast... I just received my
recommends from friends for my sable crane, it
brings back memories even 9 months later.. so
gideon here is my donations to a shared
memory.....

I have know gideon for about 9 months and both
your life's have crossed in the pursuit of
serving the kingdom, your barony and friends. We
have gone to coranations and events, plan hotel
reservations together, he has and is a friend, so
having made reservations at the hotel and having
a stranger say a guy, you should know "gluick,
who?" something said to get a room next to you.
friends looking out for each other....

I was there in court taking pictures when the
herald called for Gideon, and hurried to the back
of the room where he was having a soda, but could
not hear the call for him to come to court to
answer the charges/accusation... Countess Alysson
also heard the call and just beat me to him,
turned his back to the court and flipped his
tunic (outer shirt) up showing his tights (white)
and then said " you just showed your $$##$%%#& to
the crown and they want you in court right now"
and as he passed me I tugged at the tunic pulling
it up just a bit, then the guard were told to
drag him into court rasing him off the ground and
dropped him at the feet of the crown. Then came
the charges(delivered by different people and all
Kights and in a loud voice):
  1) chg with being un-humanly fast on the field
  2) having a breast plate that reflected the
sunlight into his opponants eyes
  3) defended by his Baron, Sir Pendaran, as a
man and friend not capable of dishonesty 4)chg
with not giving anyone else a chance at the Japan
"sumo" wraslling event
  4) chg with some thing about sheep???? a
Scotsman. At some point a lady from the crowd
came up and tugged the tunic back into it proper
place, which got raven claping from the populas..

then some more charges and defendance later came
the last,
  5) this most grievous charge was leveled by the
former Earl Marshall, Sir Kief

Sir kief said, " I accuse him of wearing the
wrong color belt!!"
Gideon still numb from all this, did very well
and one could tell by his lack of response to the
Kings question of what event he wanted to site
his vigil...

as Sean Connery would say....
  " You've done well Highlander.."

***pictures to follow.....
coranationduncan:
pic# 55 is the last chg by sir keif
pic# 60 is listening to the herald
pic# 61 is after the lady pulled the tunic down

--PHOTOS AT and more put up each day....

     http://photos.yahoo.com/constable_sca

gallery is:    coranationduncan

ps: on a personal note, Gideon will be talking to
me about "sponcering me" into the MacLeod clan in
the SCA, something I have allways wanted....
which has prompted a Lady Ashlyn to tell me she
has already ordered my birthday gift, 9 yards of
60inch wide Macleod-Harris tartan.!!! oh boy!!

In closing I am very proud to have Gideon as a
friend and know he is what a knight should be
like, my friend we have noticed

VIVAT chivalry.. VIVAT soon to be "Sir Gideon"
VIVAT The King and Queen of Ansteorra

Key Connor
Protege to Mistress Mirrim
Man at Arms to the Amazon household
Constable of Bryn Gwlad
Member of the Baronial Guard
and still getting into trouble..have camera will
flash

ENJOY................
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
--- Sean Gulick <sean at ig.utexas.edu> wrote:
 Greetings to my clan, my barony, my friends,
and my family,

  It is with a bursting heart and still somewhat
dazed mind that I write these words. Something
that I have been seeking for these last 14 years
is going to come to pass in but 3 weeks. At last
weekend's coronation of Duncan and Larissa they
announced my knighting. The way it was done was
quite memorable as it started with a mock warrant
for my arrest where I was bodily carried into
court and where each of the knights in turn stood
to make an accusation. The accusations were
(mostly) veiled compliments although with a
healthy mix of inside jokes and subtle digs
thrown in for good measure. The final accusation
was that I was accused of wearing the wrong color
belt. It took around 3 of these accusations
before my confusion turned to understanding! So,
now in 3 weeks at the Queen's Champion event
being held here in my home Barony of Bryn-Gwlad
(Austin, Texas) I will be sitting vigil Friday
night July 27th and be knighted in court Saturday
July 28th. I wish to thank everyone of you who
over the years encouraged me in my pursuit of the
path to knighthood and in being as chivalrous and
skilled a fighter and a man as I could be. It
feels that I may of at least taken a few steps
down that path. I also pledge that I do consider
this just another stepping stone, albeit a big
one, on the path of chivalry and that personal
improvement should never end regardless of the
color of one's belt. I am also greatly looking
forward to being able to pass along a little more
than before of what I have learned in the martial
and chivalric pursuits in our modern middle ages.
Finally, I wish to say I would love for all of
you who can make it to come and help me revel in
my upcoming rite of passage at Queen's Champion.

Thank you all and should any of you ever need
call upon me I will always bend my ear your way.

 Your friend,
 Gideon
  --
 'Honor the past, live the present, create the
 future'