[Ansteorra] Take a moment to look it up (was Pronunciation)

Miranda of Namron miranda_of_namron at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:22:42 PDT 2001

     Like any language, there is debate as to the pronunciation in terms of
historical accuracy, but by no means is one source a basis for fact. For
those who are interested the following is a web site all with interest may
find useful. Unlike Mr. Tucker's source, it has a pronunciation more along
the sound of "th" and "z" combined, which is like "ts".  This site has audio
files so you can hear these pronunciations and distinguishes it from the "z"
sound.

A Quick Guide to Old Spanish Pronunciation
http://ecompass.humnet.ucla.edu/santiago/osppron.html

   However, I find it necessary to say that insulting the members on this
list is neither helpful nor conducive towards what should be an open
discussion on period Spanish pronunciation.  The assumption made was
assuming that all those who replied did not know what they were talking
about when they may have an extensive background or understanding of Spanish
or its historical context.

Miranda