[Ansteorra] A New Pelican

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Jul 14 20:59:29 PDT 2001

Kristi J Kennedy (kristi.kennedy at juno.com) said something that sounded like:
> For those who don't know...........................Baroness Gwenllian
> ferch Maredudd was elevated today to the Order of the Pelican.

Good Morning,

  To expand on this some, Gwenllian was called into court and the Order
  of the Pelican quietly rose as she passed and walked behind her. After
  she knelt in front of their Majesties, They spoke kind words of her
  work and her departure from the Kingdom. They then spoke of the fact
  that They and some friends would like to say good bye to her. This is
  when the scroll was read into law and Gwenllian became a Mistress of
  the Pelican. Many kind words were spoken by Sir Galen, Master Da'ud,
  Sir Keif (as a Lion) and Countess Kat of her qualities of being a
  Peer. Gwenllian then swore fealty to the Crown of Ansteorra followed
  by much joy sharing by the Order.

  Following this, the Order was asked if they needed another member added
  to their order, for which the Order agreed. Her Majesty then went
  into the audience in search of the worthy candidate. At this time her
  Champion, Don Modius followed with much waving of peacock feathers and
  light hearted fun. Her Majesty had difficulty finding this other
  individual until she returned to the middle of the circle and turned to
  face Modius finally finding the worthy candidate. Modius was offered
  to be elevated to the Order of the Pelican at Stargate Baronial. This
  gesture had Modius speechless. When he could speak again his primary
  concern was that his mentor felt he was worthy and needed to verify
  that before he could answer. The good fortune was that Master Barn had
  the foresight to verify this before the circle and Modius accepted the
  proposal. For those wishing to see this well deserved elevation, you
  should mark Stargate Baronial on your calendar.

  It was definitely a very eventful day.

Ciao,