[Ansteorra] Talhoffer - Fighting manual $20

Scot & Domino Eddy domino7 at texas.net
Mon Jul 9 19:01:57 PDT 2001

> Scot & Domino Eddy wrote:
> > I found the Talhoffer fighting manual for $10 cheaper than anyplace
else. So far I've only seen it for $30, but Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller
has it for $20. Lots of folks have been buying it since it is a 15th century
fighting manual.

> > Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller
> > Falls Village, CT 06031-5000
> >
> > Write them and you'll get a newspaper-style catalog of discount book.
Art, history, gardening; the books are always changing.
> > Shipping and handling is $3.50 per order (1 book or 20 books) so go in
with a friend and get one.

> > Jovian
>
> Thank you, Jovian. I don't remember the details of this book right
> now, could you please describe what it covers?

It's modern title is "Medieval Combat: A Fifteenth Century Illustrated
Manual of Swordfighting and Close-Quarter Combat".
Every page has an illustration from the original text with modern English
descriptions. Unfortunately none of the original German text is included. It
describes long sword, pole axe, shield and mace, sword and shield, wrestling
to name a few.

Grace and Peace,

Jovian