[Ansteorra] RE: Foreign Language accents & etc.

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Jul 12 09:05:02 PDT 2001

Jane Sitton wrote:
> Did this turn out weird looking?  I can see it in the original email my
> sister sent, but when I received what I posted to the list, it didn't work
> right.  I'll try once again, and if that doesn't work, I'll ask her for the
> URL where she found this.
>
> My apologies,
> Madelina

This is why it is strongly NOT encouraged to use special characters
and formatting on email going to newsgroups and mail lists.

The special characters, even if the person on the other end has the
special fonts required, will often get messed up by the programs that
translate the mail messages into the digest form.

Please use only plain ASCII text and don't simply copy info from
Word (or other word processing programs) or from Web pages. Often
the operating systems (including Microsofts absurdities) can not
do a clean job of converting formatted text to plain text when
copying and pasting.

While the fancy characters, pretty colors and pictures are nice and
often useful, please save them for private email.

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(Believe me, as the editor of the Florilegium, I deal with this
problem on a day to day basis and it can be a real pain)