[Ansteorra] Some Resources for researching period Spain

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Jul 13 14:01:54 PDT 2001

Christine Huse wrote:
> Muchas Gracias to Master Michael and Lady Miranda! I will definately take a
> look at these sites!
>
> I'm having an awful times trying to research Spain. I mostly find
> information on the Conquistadors (not my interest..I learned enough about
> the conquests in Junior High/High School history)
>
> Maria

Perhaps these files in the Florilegium might be useful to you:
In the CULTURES section:
Spain-msg         (24K)  4/ 7/00    Medieval Spain. Info. sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Spain-msg.html

In the FOOD-BY-REGIONS section:
fd-Spain-msg     (102K) 12/ 4/00    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Spain-msg.html

In the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section:
Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nola's
                                       1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of
2
                                       by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados1-art.html

In the CLOTHING section:
cl-Spain-msg      (12K)  7/ 1/99    Clothing of Medieval Spain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Spain-msg.html

I hope this proves useful to you or others researching Medieval Spain.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net