[Ansteorra] Some info on the moderation...

LEE A LEMONS lalemons at flash.net
Tue Jun 5 17:57:28 PDT 2001

Greetings unto Ansteorra,

I have found this whole thing to be a chance for nothing more pure
maliciousness to
be spread about someone who, in the legal eyes of the court and of modern
society,
has paid his debt and  is now exemplary in his deeds and actions.  This man
is a Knight
of Ansteorra, has been our King, and has been a true gentleman in every
sense of the word for as long as I've been playing, now beginning my 10th
year.  Up
until now, I've not heard one negative word spoken about him!

The past can't be changed, but the present and future can be as we try to
make it,
and that's the best *any of us* can do.  To continue bashing someone for his
/ her
past is shameful, disgraceful, and not befitting of our Society.  These base
actions can only rend us apart, not keep us united, and are truly
dishonorable
acts.

When I first joined, my strongest impressions of the SCA were that we were
supposed to
help and support each other, to help those who needed help, and to give
encouragement so that we each could become the best we can be.  Very little
I've
seen on the list over the past week has shown me any of this.  One other
thing I
learned when I first joined:  if ever you are in trouble or need help at an
event,
look for someone wearing a white belt and gold chain.  He or she is a knight,
and
thus our protection in our Society, our walking symbol of honor and
chivalry.  I
would look for Barn Silveraxe in a heartbeat for such help and protection!

Before any of us hold the heavy sword of righteousness above another's head,
and
condemn him/her, again, for deeds past done and paid for, we need to hold it
over
our own heads and see how we each would fare.

I'm just a scribe, my views are my own, and this was just my three cents
worth.

Curstaidh Magorlick