[Ansteorra] (no subject)

Limbrick Dahl limbrick_dahl at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:31:42 PDT 2001

Contessa,
        The Soiled Dove Inn is nearing completion, as you know and i have
been very busy with the accounts. I hadent heard we were having  problems
with the carpenters we hired. Those women from the Boar’s Breast are
continually coming by  I am sure the carpenters are spending their time at
that alehouse. At this rate the Soiled Dove may not be finished in time for
our opening on June 23. Perhaps you will look into hiring someone to give
them a different sort of incentive to finish the job.
       I have heard of a man named Ratliff who is for hire. Maybe with
Francis, Lod, this man Ratliff can offer words of encouragement for the
carpenters to help speed their work.
      What about our newest girl, Daniella? How is her training progressing?
She may need a reminder of her role in the death of her husband. If that
fails, Francis will assist you in teaching her to be more cooperative.
He has been with me for many years and knows his work well. Lod will be of
no help with the girls. Although his loyalty is of no concern, he is stupid
and has no awareness of his own strength. He may cause permanent damage.
         The Baronial Guard gave the gold I sent them to the Church and now
his guards are openly training the Tavern wenches. Most unfortunate. The
captain will not be bought off so easily I see. He must be well paid by the
Baron or Rosie. Still, every man has a weakness. We will surely find his. We
have exposed the Baron’s weakness. That bastard child of the wench Isabel.
He wants no one to know he frequents such an establishment when his Mistress
is unavailable.  I believe his Mistress accompanied him to war while his
lady wife was home caring for their  infant son. We should make further
inquiries about the Baron’s mistress. That information could be helpful at
some time later. If Francis is there with you then please have him inquire
as to how our private messages are leaking out and have him put a stop to
it. Tell him i dont care to know the details but i want it stoped.
	Also i agree with your assement of Lizzys talents but i think we should
forget the idea of hireing any of THAT womans emploees untill the Dove
drives them out of business. With a hungery belly and no place to stay they
will come begging to work for us.

Limbrick