[Ansteorra] Will no one rid me of these bothersome folk?

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Fri Jun 15 14:06:18 PDT 2001

	Duncan,

	I dictate this message in haste as I travel to the northern border
of the barony; such are the demands of my day. As you well know, there are
many tasks involved in administering a barony of this size that keep Jehanne
and I very busy. While  Tabitha does an outstanding job as seneschal, there
is still much that requires our personal attention. This brings me to my
point: This business between the Boar's Breast and the Soiled Dove is
becoming a nuisance and it needs to stop. I have too many things to worry
about - I don't need a street war to worry about.

	I thank you for arresting Limbrick and bringing him before me. It
was a good thing for him that Jehanne interceded on his behalf and cooled my
temper before I saw him. Otherwise he would be swinging from a gibbet this
moment. While that would have solved the current problem, it would have been
rash and displeasing to our Lord. I am aware that you disagree with my
decision to release Lembrick, and perhaps you are right. Who knows, I may be
growing too lenient in my later years, but Lumbrick convinced me that he did
not write the slanderous letters concerning my and others in the barony. In
short, the hand of those letters did not match Lambrick's. One thing is
certain, good my captain, and that is your genuine concern for the peace of
my family and of the barony.

	To this end, good Duncan, find a way to bring these problems to an
end. I thank you for not allowing your officers to employ the brute who
works at the Boar's Breast. That would have been catastrophic. I need your
cool head in this matter and I will not have violence in my city. That
having been said, do not allow your people to become target or to take sides
in this matter. We are scheduled to host the Queen's own championship
tournament in a scant month! Detain people if you have to. Make an example
of one if you must, but bring this to a conclusion.

	You have my utmost trust and support, Duncan. If have need of any
resources, you have but to ask. God speed.

Pendaran