snake cults ... was: RE: [Ansteorra] Role Playing Was:bryn glad

Jay Yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Jun 17 06:20:17 PDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Sebastian de Rolstoun
Sent: June 16, 2001 - Saturday 18:42
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra] Role Playing Was:bryn glad

--- Tim Lozos <sirtimo at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >The SCA is not about roleplaying.
>
> You've got to be kidding, right?

I, unfortunately, have been around when "newbies" have
been told that this is not a role playing game, it is
a reenactment society.

Sebastian

.. it's a floor wax and a desert topping

at my very first event (Steppes Warlord I or II) i was told in good jest
that the SCA was "just another snake cult".  that's what snagged me, a very
alternative group (in thought and action) that did not take it'self at all
too seriously and was having serious fun ... how times have changed - today,
seems like there is too much emphasis on seriousness and not near enough fun
(guess that's what happens when organizations, like people, age .. they
start getting "old")....

and goddess help you if you ever publically joke that the "dream" (ack, ack,
ack ...) is "just another a snake cult" then up goes the rally cries of
"heretic!", "unbeliever", "let the public stoning commence!" (talk about
medieval persona play ....)

'wolf
.. were-heyoka at large