[Ansteorra] sig lines

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at Home.com
Sun Jun 17 20:34:44 PDT 2001

Chass, normally I would write to you off-list, but I would like to encourage
healthy discussion of this topic.  Religion can be a very touchy subject as
it is a *very* personal belief.

For those of other beliefs, your sig line is unsettling, as most people
generally avoid pushing our personal, mundane religions into the face of
others in the SCA. And this list is an extension of the SCA where we try to
behave in a similar polite manner.  In fact, Corpora Rule IIF  - Policy on
Religion is located at http://www.sca.org/docs/OrgHandbook20010605.pdf .

  If I were to proselytize my personal beliefs in a similar
manner....say...."Get a taste of religion.  Go to Communion and experience
the Host", then some of my non-christian friends would be offended. Heck,
some of my Christian friends would also be offended, depending on the flavor
of Christianity they subscribe to.  I don't want to offend them.  They are
my friends, and I love them.

I respect the beliefs of others, and try to remain tolerant of all.  I
usually just find the old delete key and ignore your sig line, 'cause you're
just trying to "get a rise" out of someone.

Besides, a *really* good sig line gets copied a lot.

Remember "Life is Good in Elfsea"?  I've noticed that Namron has adopted
"Life is GREAT in Namron".  Sig lines are like mottos in this forum.
Steppes used to use "Nothing ever happens in the Steppes", which was said in
Russian for a long time. It was also said very tongue-in-cheek, because
stuff *always* happens at Steppes events.

I like Pug's sig line, too.  Once he wrote about where he found the quote -
like on a box of Chinese tea or something.  Any other good ones out there?

Xene