[Ansteorra] Size of Crown Tournaments

Aunt Dwen auntdwen at us.inter.net
Wed Jun 20 08:35:56 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Carl Chipman <cchipman at nomadics.com>
To: <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 12:21 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra] Size of Crown Tournaments

> --
> Has anyone kept track of the number of entrants in the crown
> tournaments?  I was curious because they were talking in Calontir about
> how there is a perceived trend of diminishing entrants of crown
> tournament.
>
> Ld. Jean Paul de Sens
> Mooneschadowe

I had the most interesting conversation with a Count from the West where
they have two principalities plus the kingdom.  He said they have a coronet
or crown tournament every month!  Apparently reigns are only 4 months long.
So it's Coronet, Coronet, Crown, Coronet, Coronet, Crown... Wow!  He said
that the frequency of the tournaments takes much of the pressure off the
combatants.  He also talked about the *nine* times the kingdom which is
Alaska has flown him up to train fighters!  Apparently a common practice.
Just goes to show you how different everyone's Game can be.

Dwen