[Ansteorra] Electronic publishing

tegangwyllt tegangwyllt at mail.ev1.net
Fri Jun 1 09:08:06 PDT 2001

If I may quote an earlier post to the list...

Sluggy wrote something akin to:

> In short, an electronic version is not for everyone, but I
suspect a number of
> people would be quite willing to receive their newsletter
electronically and
> every person who did so would help alleviate the financial
strain of printing
> and mailing a physical newsletter.
>
> Lord Robert of Slugglen, Chronicler Loch Ruadh
> b.k.a. Sluggy!

and then Michael replied with:

>I agree that many would gladly receive their newsletter in
>electronic form.
>However, the society is not yet ready to make that change, for a
>variety of
>reasons. This very issue was discussed at exceeding length at a
>society-wide
>meeting recently (ask Pug about it). The short answer is: this
>isn't going to
>happen anytime soon. If you wish to pursue this idea, I encourage
>you to do so
>with the SCA Electronic Publications Manager (listed in the Black
>Star).

So then I pose the question;  why are we discussing the formating
issues of an electronic publication if our own Kingdom Chronicler
has made the above statement?  While I do agree that having an
electronic version would alleviate the cost to the Kingdom,
according to this information, it is not something that we are
able to do at the moment.

I'm not meaning to sound rude, maybe just a little naive, but I
think that for the moment the point of what readers would be used
and what format it would have to take is a mute one.  If I have
stepped out of line please forgive me.

The ever questioning,
Tegan Gwyllt