[Ansteorra] How did everyone fair during the rain?

Charley Atchley Charley at lcc.net
Mon Jun 11 22:46:57 PDT 2001

Did everyone come through the rain ok? I was wondering if anyone has heard
how some of our brothers and sisters from here in Raven's Fort, Stargate,
The Loch and Gates Edge faired. I know that FEMA and insurance can help put
everyone back into a home, but it does not make it where you can play SCA
anytime soon. I suspect that all of us have extra garb, feast ware, camping
equipment, armor, rattan and other things that we don't use any longer. I
was thinking that it might be nice to see if we could possibly put together
an SCA care package to help some of the people get back on their feet and
back into the game. If there is a need for this please e-mail me at
Charley at lcc.net and I will see if I can coordinate getting something
started. I have some extra time right now since school is out for the
summer. (teacher) I can't donate much in the way of cash, but I do have time
and some spare stuff. Currently I don't even know if there is a need for any
help, so if you could let me know that part first, I will get back to
everyone with other e-mail posts about what is needed and how much is
needed.

Athaulf Sweinbrothar

Sometimes human beings are very much like bees. Bees are fiercely protective
of their hive, provided you are outside it. Once you're in, the workers sort
of assume that it must have been cleared by management and take no notice;
various freeloading insects have evolved a mellifluous existence because of
this very fact. Humans act the same way.
- Good Omens, by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman