[Ansteorra] bryn glad

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Sat Jun 16 13:45:37 PDT 2001

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 13:02:17 -0500 "Jay Yeates" <jyeates at realtime.net>
writes:
> and as far as i know is still a general list and the role-plying
> folks are
> simply drumming up interest in a upcoming event, it follows that it
> is quite
> approriate for list distribution.

        Drumming up interest I can see. Nor do I object to them having
their fun. It's 2 to 5 messages every day for a week that I think is a
bit much.
        Would you be annoyed if you recieved an issue of the Black Star
that had no room for more than one event announcement, as that one was 10
or 15 pages long? I suspect you would.

> if it overly annoys online, it is a simple matter to scan the
> headers and
> seek out the "delete" key somewhere to the right of your main alpha
> pad ..

        Quite true. Does this mean it is your opinion that I should
either a) delete 80% or more of this list every day, or b) get event
announcements and nothing else, having no other options?
        I agree that it is perfectly suitable for those who wish to see
it. I just think that there should be a way that those who don't wish to
follow this not be forced to, without having to give up ALL discussion
(which is "filtered" from Ansteorra-announce).
        I believe in the validity of majority opinion regarding what is
proper for a public forum. If it is the will of the majority that I
either put up with my mailbox being flooded with things that (in my
opinion) have nothing whatsoever to do with my reasons for subscribing,
or unsubscribe, very well. If that is the consensus, I will not trouble
you further.

                                                Respectfully,

                                                    Iain MacCrimmon