Persona play; was [Ansteorra] Bryn glad

Trixie DeLisle rolanda at cox-internet.com
Sat Jun 16 21:10:11 PDT 2001

> I, up until recently, due to lack of interest and
> quite frankly being annoyed, have followed the posts,
> and I do not believe that I have once seen an
> announcement of an upcoming event that the tavern was
> going to be at.  If there were to be announcements, I
> don't believe that the original complaint would have
> been posted.

Well, rather than argue the point, here is a reprint of the original
event announcement, posted on 21 May, to the Ansteorran List,
with the Subject "event announcement":

 The Barony of Bryn Gwlad invites all to its summer mini event.

MISTRESSES OF THE GAME:  Murder, Mystery, and Mayhem at the Boar's Breast
Tavern
June 23,2001   Lockhart State Park Rec. Hall in Lockhart, Texas.

Join the Boar's Breast as they celebrate their status as Bryn Gwlad's only
licensed bawdy house.
Site will open at 11am and soon afterwards, a picnic will begin. Please
bring enough food feed yourselves and a few others as the picnic is potluck
style. An afternoon of fun and games will begin shortly after lunch with a
Rapier Tavern Brawl hosted by Lord Caliban the Orphan.
As the day grow late, the Boar's Breast will open for business. Drinks are
available in the tavern on a donation basis. Or buy part ownership of the
tavern for an evening and drink all you like!
An evening meal of Chicken stew, Pork tarts, bread, cheese, and Cherry Bread
Pudding for dessert, will be available for purchase in the tavern for $5 per
person. Summon a wench, give her your feast gear and be served as your
hunger demands.
   There are rumors of a rival tavern opening in Bryn Gwlad on the same day.
Pay no mind to rumors for that is all they are! No one could take the place
of the Boar's Breast Tavern!

Site will close at 10pm and everyone must be out of the park then. However,
camping is available in other areas of the park. Reservations may be made by
calling 1-512-389-8900. Site fee is $5 for ages 13 and over, 1/2 price for
6-12, and free for under 6.

PARENTS:  The Boar's Breast Tavern has a strict NO CHILDREN policy during
business hours. Many of us are parents and we have made arrangements to
accommodate the children during the evening. Children will have an area set
up for them at the opposite end of the building in a separate room. The room
is air conditioned and adult supervision and activities are being provided.
Parents are asked to please contribute some food item for the children's
evening meal. We have planned to set up a children's potluck supper in their
area so there will be no concern by parents as to feeding their children.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Our
characters in the tavern can be a bit intimidating to young children as can
many of our skits. As well, there is much adult innuendo in our plays.

Directions:
      Take your best route to the Lockhart, Texas on Hwy 183 south of
Austin. There are large signs on Hwy 183 for Lockhart State Park and watch
for SCA signs as well. Follow signs to the State Park and then to the rec.
hall. A map to the rec hall  is available at the park gate.

> > if it overly annoys online, it is a simple matter
> > to scan the headers and seek out the "delete" key
> > somewhere to the right of your main alpha pad ..
>
> True, but on a public post where the information that
> you receive is "supposed" to be important to the game
> that we play, it is difficult to just scroll down and
> delete 80 to 90 percent of the "important" information
> on the list.
> This is only my opinion,
> Very respectfully
> Sebastian De Roulstoun

As pointed out earlier, if you are only interested in the dry, dusty bones
of Ansteorra's "business" proceedings, there are two other lists, one
entitled Ansteorra Announce, and the other entitled Redtape (for Officers,
and official business.) I would invite you to subscribe to one of these, if
they are more to your taste.
IMHO, the by-play shown in the Bryn Gwlad posts is delightful, and
*entirely* appropriate to the concept of the SCA, as well as providing
important background information for those who desire to attend the "Murder
Mystery" event. I love to see such displays... but then, I also think there
is more to SCA events than fighting in the tournament, going out for pizza,
and going home... (silly old Don...)

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Rosenfeld, Ansteorra