[Ansteorra] Size of Crown Tournaments

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Wed Jun 20 16:57:39 PDT 2001

Carl Chipman wrote:

> Oops.  Upon getting your reply and then rereading my own initial e-mail,
> I realized I had misstated my query.
>
> What I meant to ask was :  "Has anyone kept track of the number of
> entrants in Ansteorra's crown tournaments throughout the years?"
>
> Jean Paul
>
> Carl Chipman
> Nomadics, Inc.

Haven't kept track, but I believe the lowest number was 16.  (86?,
87?)
Special Case.
Inmann had decreed that a Field of Honor Tourney was to be held on
Saturday (at Onion Creek, south of Austin), open to all who wished to
show thier prowess.  CT would be on Sunday, with the proviso that all
entrants must compete on Saturday.
Four Fields, maybe 60 entrants, you fought everyone assigned to the
same field.  Inmann fought on all four fields.
Neat Idea, BUT...
Due to injuries, exhaustion, armour failures, etc., on Sunday only 13
fighters showed up to enter.  Two more volunteered who hadn't planned
on entering Crown.
Fifteen is an inconvienent number, so they decided to "draft" a 16th.
They needed someone present, who had fought on Saturday, who was
otherwise eligible, and who had someone eligible on site who would
agree to be consort.
Now, why do I remember all these details? <G>

David Gallowglass

(You draw someone in the list you've never fought, never met, and you
barely recognize the name.  The scouting report is : "He's a viscount
from Drachenwald, moved back to the kingdom just over a year ago.
He's really fast, very clean, and has no known weakness."  This
DOESN'T help!
{Hi, Galen!})

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access