[Ansteorra] Elfsea

Stephen Macthomas macthomas at ev1.net
Mon Jun 25 01:02:54 PDT 2001

Aerin, I believe you're thinking of Fyreamptewealde, the original name of
the Canton of Gate's Edge.  It means "fire ant mound" in Old English, IIRC.
(Whether my memory serves or not, it's plain to see why the name changed.)

While we're on the subject of original names for our local branches, I'd
love to hear about others that went through some name changes during their
history, as well as what the names mean.  I know that Bryn Gwlad was not
always Bryn Gwlad, for example ... <grin>

Stephen Macthomas
Gate's Edge