[Ansteorra] Groups Original Names

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 09:45:22 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/25/01 11:40:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us writes:

> >While we're on the subject of original names for our local branches, I'd
>  >love to hear about others that went through some name changes during their
>  >history, as well as what the names mean.  I know that Bryn Gwlad was not
>  >always Bryn Gwlad, for example ... <grin>
>  >
>  >Stephen Macthomas
>  >Gate's Edge
>
>  Well here in the North I know of several,
>  Wiesenfeuer was originally Ebonfeuer (Black Fire)
>  Moonschadowe was Mona Sceaduw (which is Moon Shadow in Old English)
>
>  Sir Burke

A short history of the beginning of Northkeep

Lady Agnes de Saint Michel moved to Tulsa in the spring of 1976, and put up
SCA flyers. The first Newcomers' Revel was held on May Day. There were revels
with her and people who came and went. Alanna of Caer du Pard wrote to Lady
Agnes in the autumn through winter of 1976-1977. William Blackfox and a few
others came and went.
During the First Populace Meeting, Officers were chosen as follows: Seneschal
- Alanna of Caer du Pard, Knight Marshall and Arts and Sciences Minister,
Thomas Redhawk, Herald, and Hospitaler, Agnes de Saint Michel. The Name
chosen for the group was  Nord-aus-das Strom (North of the Storm), and
appeared in the Sable Star, Principality Newsletter in 1977.

Great thread!

Sigen