ANST - Pewter casting class at Gulf Wars

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Mar 6 13:23:20 PST 2001

Please pardon this interruption, but because the posted deadline
dates were wrong on the Gulf Wars webpage this info did not get
to Master Erik in time to get into the Gulf Wars booklet.

Stefan li Rous

-------------------
Hands-on Pewter Casting class

This is a beginning class teaching the period method of carving
soapstone molds to cast pewter items such as jewelry, buttons,
pilgrim/site tokens and belt items.

This class will be taught in two sessions. In the first you will
start carving your mold, which you can then take back to camp
to finish. The second session we will cast items using the
molds.

Please bring any small tools such as scribes, screwdrivers,
nails, files, dental tools or gouges that you might have for use
in carving your soapstone.

I will provide the soapstone, sandpaper, pewter and some other
items for your use. There will be a $3 class fee to help defray
the cost of this class.

Class limit: 15
First Class: Tues. and Wed. at 11AM
Second Class: Thurs. and Fri. at 1PM.
(The first set is identical to the second, except one is in
the morning and one in the afternoon)

For some background info on this topic, check the casting-msg,
pewter-msg and the soapstone-msg files in my Florilegium files
at: http://www.florilegium.org

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net