: ANST - War and changes

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 08:50:48 PST 2001

In a message dated 3/20/01 8:45:03 AM Central Standard Time,
sean at ig.utexas.edu writes:

> On the ballista issue, I never heard of any complaints about the power of
the
>  ballistas only complaints about the power of some crossbows bolts.  From
> what
>  Master Pug has explained to me there seems to be some consensus being
> reached
>  as to how to properly measure crossbow poundage/force to avoid excessive
> force
>  crossbows in the future.
[...]

Greetings,

I saw one fighter showing his site token to people.  It had a nice deep
indentation on it from a crossbow bolt.  There were also a couple of guys
showing off massive black bruises, again from crossbow bolts.

I can't help but wonder if the upping of the power on crossbows has anything
to do with folks blowing archers off?  I know from comical experience that
many fighters will simply ignore an arrow.  This is one reason I have had a
sword and shieldman with me.  If someone doesn't want to call my arrow, they
meet Owen!  It has also prompted me to practice the dreaded "cup" shot.  I'm
nice about it, but if I shoot someone and they look at me and go on...well,
you know :-)

*I'm not saying that upping the force is right, just wondering*

Sigen