ANST - War and tactics

Sean Gulick sean at ig.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 20 09:13:38 PST 2001

Kenneth c Elwood wrote:

> In message <F41GYF2rEF6fvuF4MUW00006114 at hotmail.com> ansteorra at ansteorra.org
> writes:
> > Guy wrote:
> >
> > >Things I think we need to work on are the archers working closer in and in
> > >groups of 2 or 3 at least.  The groups with not as much experience need to
> > >have their fire directed so that it is effective by someone who knows who
> > >being killed would be more effective.  A good example would be....killing
> > >some of the hats first as apposed to getting a shot on a shieldman in the
> > >line (unless he has a hat or belt).  Some of the Dukes and the like are
> > >tremendous combat multipliers by themselves.
>
> these are some good tactics but we need to consider that the opposing archers
> are just as much a threat as those brass hat and white belts.
>
> HL Roger

Greetings,

Actually, the biggest threat is always the leaders.  In our game the leaders are
usually the Dukes, etc.; remove them and the order to attack the fort will be
delayed, the recognition of our strategy will be impeded, the unit cohesiveness
will be effected, etc.  Killing the enemy archers is very useful but of lesser
importance then destroying their command structure.  If there are no obvious
leaders target where you are then kill the spears both the 9 ft ones and the
15-200 ft ones :-)

In service,
Gideon

--
'Honor the past, live the present, create the future'
Sean Sandifer Gulick, PhD

PGI Postdoctoral Fellow
Institute for Geophysics
University of Texas