ANST - War and changes

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Tue Mar 20 12:30:03 PST 2001

I can truthfully say that the bolts built by me in Bryn Gwlad each had 3
holes drilled into the tennis ball. This was done the week prior to Gulf War
X.

Ld. Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad

-----Original Message-----
From: Burke McCrory [mailto:burkemc2 at home.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 2:13 PM
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: ANST - War and changes

I examined over two dozen ballista bolts and did not see any of them with a
punched tennis ball.  If fact until now I was not aware that it was a
requirement.  I did notice that a number of the trimaran ballista's could
shoot farther with a flatter trajectory that any ballistas we had.  When we
opened the castle gates early in the battle we needed at least one or two
ballista's that could have shot through the open door and hit their shield
wall.

Sir Burke