: ANST - War and changes

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Tue Mar 20 17:15:45 PST 2001

At 08:42 AM 3/20/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Lawrence Ruiz (lruiz at interconnect.net) said something that sounded like:
>>> It may be too early to really be asking this question, but I heard that
>>> there were plans to re-visit the rulings on both ballistas and
crossbows in
>>> the wake of some close calls and far-too-hard hits at Gulf Wars.  I
heard of
>>> ballista bolts going through shields, and saw one crossbow bruise worse
>>> than any sword shot I've ever seen.
>> This is the first I have heard of this and I had been hit by several of the
>> bolts being fired at the war.
>
>This is the first I've heard as well. I heard rumor that a crossbow bolt
>punched through a shield. From my understanding they are definitely
>revisiting the way crossbows are being weighed.

I *did* see several of the pavises get holes punched through them when I
was marshalling the second fort battle. These were the green ones set up as
a wall on the west side of the castle where the "post injury" sallyport was
placed.

These pavises were made out of cloth or styrofoam over a wooden frame, and
I probably could have punched through them with my bare fingers if I'd
tried. If that's what the rumors are based on, I wouldn't worry about it
too much.

	-Tivar Moondragon
		Ansteorra