ANST - Kingdom War Song

Sean Hertzberg s_hertzberg at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:03:55 PST 2001

Here are the words for the Ansteorran Line.

Avery

THE ANSTEORRAN LINE
Alden Pharamond
(cheerfully plagiarized from "Clare's Dragoons")

On any Known World battlefield
   An army finds it's fate is sealed
And they know that they must die, or yield
   Before -- the Ansteorran Line
So let all who face our might today
   And try to hold our swords at bay
Be the next to join the dead who lay
   Along -- the Ansteorran Line

And cry "Vivat!" for the heroes (of) old
   Cry "Vivat!" for the new ones, too
And cry "Vivat!" for the Black and Gold
   And the Star that shines when hearts are true

And whene'er for honor's field, we vie,   Our Kingdom's banners sweep the
sky
And we know we'll win, or bravely die,   Within -- the Ansteorran Line
For never when our spears were set,   And never when our shield-walls met
Have our foemen failed to pay the debt,   Unto -- the Ansteorran Line

CHORUS

And for every fallen friend we must,   Fulfill for them this warrior's trust
A dozen foes shall bite the dust,   Before -- the Ansteorran Line
So fling your war-flag to the sky,   "Vivat the Star!" your battle cry
And fight 'till the blood floats knee-cop high,   Around -- the Ansteorran
Line

CHORUS

Reprise   So on any Known World battlefield,   An army finds it's fate is
sealed
And they know that they must die, or yield,   Before -- the Ansteorran Line
So fling your war-flag to the sky,   "Vivat the Star" our battle cry
And fight 'till the blood floats knee-cop high,   Around -- the Ansteorran
Line

And cry "Vivat!" for the heroes (of) old
   Cry "Vivat!" for the new ones, too
And cry "Vivat!" for the Black and Gold…
   …And the Star that lives ... in me – and - you!