ANST - Gulf War

Rolf Kvamme baron_duncan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:54:39 PST 2001

I have heard many clammouring for a decisive win at Gulf War. That the tie
each year is keeping people form showing up. The war points are read and
people know who won what. Do you fight so that you can say we had a decisive
victory in the history books?

I know I go to war to fight with my friends, and bring glory and honour to
my lady and Kingdom. Nothing less will do.

Many want to scrutinize the last detail of how we lost some battles.

Instead let us remember how we took the castle. We took the castle and
killed the last of its defenders in honourable single combat that day, after
we had given them a chance to yield in ancient and honourable Ansteorran
tradition. Or how we came from behind and rolled the mighty flank of our
enemy to win the ravine battle.

Now is the time to set aside talking about where we erred and what battles
our forces faced and lost,  but the time to sing the praise of our heros and
our victories.  Share tales of valour and grace in combat with those around
you, relate a story to a bard so that they may bring new voice to our
stories of war. In truth, great tales are what inspires young warriors to
fight like heros of legend, warbands to impact like armies, and our archers
to aim true.  share your fire and fierceness in the telling of all that was
won upon those field.  Inspire those around you to take up arms and fight
again so that they too may add their honor and stregnth for the glory that
is Ansteorra, and add their names to the roles of our legends.

Let the army next year span the horizon. The banging of shields and war
cries deafening from our mighty war host. And let our warriors be
unmatchable in ferocity as well as chivalry upon that great field. Then let
us raise our fallen comrades from that enemy host and show them how great
Ansteorran hospitality is.

Duncan Princeps Ansteorra