ANST - Pennsic Gift Baskets

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Mar 30 12:00:31 PST 2001

Afan - Central Regional Seneschal wrote:
> It is that time once again, when Their Royal Highnesses  are
> preparing for their upcoming rein of our most stellar Kingdom.  As
> you may be aware, shortly after stepping up, they will travel to
> distant lands, to help our friends at Pennsic War. Traditionally, at
> war, Ansteorra gives wonderful gifts to the  Royalty of the Knowne
> World... this Pennsic War should be no  different, hence my
> missive.

> Her Highness has asked that a few guidelines be set forth.
>
>   1.No candles or soap:
>
> 2.Liquid gifts (cordials, wine, etc.) are lovely, but need serious
> consideration.

<snip of a long list of ideas>

For yet more ideas for such gifts, perhaps these files in the
Florilegium might be of use.
In the SCA-INC section:
largess-ideas-msg (51K) 11/30/00    Ideas for largess and gifts. Royalty
gifts.

In the PENNSIC section:
Pennsic-gifts-msg  (8K)  9/10/99    Some gift ideas for those going to
Pennsic.

Sometimes folks do find that gift collections such as these, or projects
like the BlackStar silent auctions, are an excellant incentive
to start a new project or craft. There is a fair amount of information
on a variety of crafts in the CRAFTS section that might prove useful
for this.

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net