ANST-Announce - Great Demo Opportunity...

gtaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue May 1 15:18:20 PDT 2001

Greetings, from your Kingdom Hospitaler.

As many of you may have seen, there is a movie coming out, called "A
Knight's Tale".
http://www.aknightstale.com/

It "hits the theatres" May 11.

This creates a fantastic demo opportunity for us.  Many movie theaters
enjoy having "color" at movie premieres...we can easily be it.   I
advise hospitalers and others to coordinate with your seneschal to
contact a local movie theater to try to set up a demo.  Note the word
"seneschal" here...we don't need 12 different people contacting the
theater.  We can fight or not, depending on safety issues...though I
advise trying.  Try to spiff up the armor and remove as much visible
duct tape as possible!  Have someone on hand, either with handouts
introducing the SCA, or even better, a business card for the local group
(harder to lose), with contact information.  Dancing would also be a
good thing to try....and even involve those waiting in line.

This is worth trying, folks....

Dona Isobel
(Thanks, Sir Burke, for bringing this to my attention)