ANST-Announce - Bard of Namron at Beltane

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Tue May 1 21:29:08 PDT 2001

To the Bards of Ansteorra and the Society, greetings from Master Ulf
Gunnarsson, Baron of Namron, and Maleah Farasha Raushana bint Abdullah,
Baroness of Namron.

Our barony is well known as producing many of the best bards in the Known
World.  We can say this without making false claims, for Namron is called
"home" by Fionnagan, Uriah, Lucais, Aethelstan, and myself.  It has been the
home or the haven to many other master bards, legends who walk elsewhere
now, such as Master Ivar Battleskald, Aeruin the Heron, Duchess Willow,
Master Pepin, and many more.  Of the first dozen Lions of Ansteorra, seven
of them sheltered in Namron's harbors, and all seven are bards.

Namron should have a Bard of caliber, then, to represent her.  I would do so
myself, and shall when opportunity permits, but my duties as baron limit my
time.  We ask, then, that another bard step forward and assume this role.
Our current Bard, Lady Elanor O'Ruark, has given birth to a replacement, but
he won't be ready to assume the position for several years. She is stepping
down from the role at Beltane this weekend.

We am therefore taking applications, in the form of a vocal audition.  This
will be held Saturday evening, after court, in the Merchants Square.  The
merchants have graciously volunteered to keep many of their booths open to
allow those in attendance to shop some while they listen.

As with any audition, please choose a piece appropriate to the position you
are trying out for.  Our bards have had the abilities to silence feast
halls, make ladies swoon in pavilions by the list field, waken people with
laughter, send the late night revelers to bed with dreamy smiles, fill
buckets with tears, and pull fighters to their feet with marshal pride and
feral grins.

In Namron, we respect our bards.  You will walk with those who history will
never forget, and will yourself become part of that history.  Be warned,
though.  This is not a "bardic competition".  This is a "bardic position",
and only applicants interested in that should apply.  The number of
applicants may end up limiting the number of pieces to one per person, but
best be prepared for two.

We will see you Saturday night in Namron.

Hersir Ulf and Hasheika Maleah