[Ansteorra] youth fighters at pennsic

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu May 17 14:43:55 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/17/01 1:36:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
husted at hotmail.com writes:

> Personally, I don't think it matters.  There isn't anything happening the
> >first week of school that most kids couldn't catch up on.  And if you know
> >in advance, the teachers and admin will often work with you.
>
> In my classroom I lay the foundation for the rest of the year during the
> first week. Any child who misses it, has to work much harder than the others
> because there is more than just homework that they need to catch up on, and
> you can not catch up on lost class time.
>
> your servant,
> mahee

I would also like to add that if you have any doubt of what goes on in a
classroom volunteer at your local school. You will get an education in more
than one way.
The children in my room have the foundation set that first week. Not only
that I do a pretest that is required by the district.  I missed the first
three days of class this year due to my child being really sick. It took
about a week and a half to recoup.

Donnel