[Ansteorra] Loch Guardian

Denise Jurgens mairih at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 20:15:39 PDT 2001

YES!  Loch Guardian is Happening this coming Weekend!
                  May 18-20, 2001

Come join the fun as the Loch hosts our annual competition for the titles of
Baronial Champions to Loch Soilleir.  Competitions will be held for
potential Champions in the Bardic Arts, the Arts and Sciences, Rapier
fighting, and Chivalric combat.

                Directions to Site

The site will be Lake Houston State Park in New Caney, TX.  Lake Houston
State Park is located off of I-59N.  From Houston, take the New Caney exit
(FM 1485) and turn right at the light.  Take another right at the end of the
road and then a left at the light.  You will drive approximately 1-2 miles
til you see Baptist Encampment Road, (there's a sign on the right) turn
right.  Drive approximately 1 mile until you see the entrance to the park
(on the left).
  Site opens at 5:00pm on Friday and closes at 12:00pm on Sunday.
  Site Fee - $8.00   Feast - $5.00

                 Attention Artisians!
This year's A&S competition will be single entry, with documentation
preferred, to be judged using a standard A&S form. A populace vote will be
held for bonus points in case a tiebreaker is needed.

                 Bardic Contestants!
The Bardic competition this year will consist of a single performance of
your best piece, to judged by Master Don Modius and Lady Elenor.  The
competition will begin at approximately 2:00pm and the location will be
announced on site.

Special Congratulations to our wonderful Baron, Ulsted the Unsteady, who
will be knighted during morning court on Saturday!  Ulsted's vigil will be
held on Friday evening.
A Pelican Circle will be held on Saturday at a time of their Majesties
choosing.
                Merchants are welcome!
Please contact Lord Yamai Shel Yaffa at 281-461-7477 (no calls after 9:00pm
please) for info about merchant space.  Merchants, please do not camp in
Merchant's row.  The park requires all campers to stay in the designated
camping areas.

The feast will feature the talents of several Loch cooks.  The menu includes
such items as cheeses, fresh vegetables, red Chinese eggs, Garlic soup, Flat
breads, Chicken with peaches, Roasted vegetables, Pork Pies, and assorted
tarts and cakes...Yum!

Our Current Champions will be running their respective competitions.

Our Chivalric Champion is His Excellency, Sir Alexis La Bouche.
The multi-talented Master Don Modius is the Loch's Bardic Champion as well
as the Rapier Champion and our A&S Champion is the Lady Alexandria from
Bjornsborg.

A TENTATIVE Schedule of Events:
8:30am - armour inspections begin, A&S competition set up (in the hall)
9:30am - (or at their Majesties pleasure)Morning Court, the lists will
          beginshortly after court
10:30am - A&S competition begins,
          Silent Auction begins (in the hall),
          Children's morning activities begin
11:30am - Children's morning activities end
1:30pm - Children's afternoon activites begin
2:00pm - Bardic competition begins
3:00pm - Children's afternoon activities end
4:00pm - A&S competition ends, Silent Auction ends, Bardic competition
         ends
5:00pm - set up for feast
6:00pm - (approximately)feast begins

Evening Court will be held at their Majesties Pleasure.

For more information contact the event stewards: Master Leofric or Lady
Mairi at mairih at hotmail.com