[Ansteorra] Aero Beds?

Rhonda Hays RHays at pimout4-int.prodigy.net
Fri May 25 06:55:05 PDT 2001

We took a slightly different route.  We have Thermarest air mattresses.
They roll up smaller than our sleeping bags, inflate on their own (with just
a few hard puffs to top it off), roll up in less than five minutes and
should you be sleeping on the ground, reduce heat sink in a really big way.
We slept on them last year at Protectorate in sub-freezing weather and were
warm and cozy.

Only problem is that three years ago when we bought them, they were about 75
dollars per and we had to get two.  We have used them for three years now,
with no leaks, no tears or rips and neither of us are any where near our
goal weights.

Also, barring any really big rocks, sleeping on them is like sleeping on a
nice firm bed.

We bought a cheaper version of them from a different manufacturer for my
son, who is skinny as a rail, and with three uses, his started to have some
separation problems.

All in all, it was a good investment.

Just our farthings' worth.

Medb and Daire